Friday, September 30, 2011
5 Reasons to Celebrate:
1) 55 children participated.
2) Most of the children had sponsors which spread an even wider circle of awareness.
3) We have already collected over $2,000 and the sponsor dollars are still rolling in! Donations will go towards furnishing the Restavek safe house.
4) Awareness and education was given to our runners, their parents and grandparents by the great demonstration on Restaveks given by Kari Bristol, event coordinator with the help of runner Kayla.
5) Other donations were raised by the event booths. Volunteers sold muffins, cookies, thank you cards, popsicles, t-shirts, candy grams and books. Thank you!
We look forward to announcing the date of our next Fun Run!
Monday, September 12, 2011
Restavek Awareness Fun Run - Saturday, September 24th 9:00AM
Healing Haiti is celebrating it's first Restavek event by including who else, KIDS! Our children will raise money and awareness for slave children in Haiti. This is a kid-friendly event, focusing on how they can make a difference, specifically in the lives of the Restavek child. It is sure to be a great event!
If you would like to participate, please see the link below!